Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Two poems selected for publication!



Over the summer my eye happened upon a contest deadline, one of many I receive for writer-ly opportunities I usually, woefully, have to let pass by. But this particular call for poetry, from Better Than Starbucks, seemed (deceptively) simple enough: nature-themed haiku, five of which I submitted, and then proceeded to entirely forget about the whole dang thing.

Until last week! When I received notice that two of those haikus were selected for publication, in the Better Than Starbucks digital and print poetry magazine, and I'm so thrilled. My first published poems, and I'm honored to be among such talented company.

A happy New Year indeed! Best wishes for a magical 2019!

2 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! Congratulations Sarah! I may be prejudiced but I think everything you write should be published!��

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS! You're a rockstar.

    ReplyDelete