Friday, January 24, 2020

Winner of the Pen Parentis AWP Registration Prize!



I just booked the travel for this trip, so it seems like a great time to make the announcement: 

I'm supremely honored to be representing Pen Parentis at this year's AWP (Association for Writers & Writing Programs) conference in San Antonio, Texas. Wow, congrats to me! 

Through a fortuitous romp of six-degrees-of-separation, I (somehow?) became the winner and recipient of the Pen Parentis annual AWP registration give-away—and I couldn't be more thrilled to attend under this organization's much-respected banner. 

Pen Parentis is an amazing non-profit offering support, community, opportunities, and resources to writers who are also parents (and we all know how hard that overlap can be sometimes).

As a result, I'm now a full title member of Pen Parentis with an author's page, and very much look forward to hosting their meet 'n greet reception at the conference in March. And if all goes well, who knows? Maybe this time next year Pen Parentis will have a Long Island chapter...!?!? Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment